Looking for your next adventure around the world? Somewhere exotic, exciting, spiritual, with breathtaking views, to visit? Well, don’t think twice, Israel IS THE PLACE TO GO!
Whether or not this is your first time in Israel, we guarantee that you will easily discover something new and special to do during your visit. Israel is so diverse in its cultures, religions, scenery, fauna and flora, everyone will find their own piece of the puzzle to enjoy.
So here are some interesting facts about Israel that will help you make up your mind…
1. Weather – looking for sunshine all year round? You are sure to find it here in Israel. Yes, it can get cold in the winter, but it is sunny on most days of the year. And if you need to defrost properly, Eilat resort city on the shores of the Red Sea in the south of Israel, is truly warm (if not hot) all year round…
2. A religious experience – Jerusalem is significant to all major religions. But you don’t need to be religious in order to appreciate the beauty and spirituality of the Temple Mount, Western Wall, the Church of the Holy Sepulcher, The Via Dolorosa, Mt of Olives, Dome of the Rock and al-Aqsa Mosque. If you want to follow Jesus’s path, you will start in Nazareth and the Galilee Sea in the north and work your way south visiting all the main sites along the Jordan River and the Judean Desert, finishing in the Old City of Jerusalem.
3. A small country with a huge geographical diversity – perhaps it is only 8,019 square miles, 8 hours by car from north to south, and about 1.5 hours west to east, but such a diverse beauty all cramped within one country…the green mountains in the north with the picturesque Galilee Sea, streams and waterfalls, the Tuscan scenery of the hills around Jerusalem, the desert in all its glory with special oases and craters, and of course the Med, Dead and Red seas, and sooooo much more!
4. An interesting diversity of ethnicities – Bedouins, Druze, Muslims, Baha’i, Jews with different heritages from the diaspora, and born & bred “Zabar” Jews, all offer you a peek into their culture, food, hospitality and traditions.
5. Looking to do some sports while travelling? Israel has some of the best roads and off-roads routes for cycling. You can see Israel on the saddle of the bike (like with us on our Cycling-Culinary tour), running along its off-road trails or city streets, diving in the Red Sea, abseiling, skydiving, workout on the multi-trainers on the beaches or join a triathlon / running / swimming / cycling race on the weekend.
6. Accessibility for the disabled and handicapped – Israel’s awareness of the need to provide sufficient accessibility to people with different kinds of disabilities has grown over the years. You can find easy access to most restaurants, public transport, special paths in nature reserves and sites and even adventurous activities such as abseiling, horse-back riding, and other exciting things to do. Puzzle Israel is one of the only touring company in Israel that offers tours suitable for travelers with special needs!
7. Archaeology and history – Israel has such a rich past, going as far back in time as the prehistoric days with remains of Neanderthals and hominid artifacts dating even close to 1 million years old. A must-see site is Masada, where King Herod, during the Roman period, built a magnificent castle complex on the top of a secluded mountain in the Judean Desert. You shouldn’t miss out on the ancient Roman harbor city of Caesarea, Crusader remains in Acre, the Old City of Jerusalem with all its historical layers dating back to the biblical days of King David and Solomon during the 10th Century BC, Megiddo, Capernaum and the list can go on forever…
8. Tel Aviv, definitely the coolest city EVER – from the packed beaches with youngsters sunbathing and playing beach sports, to the best shopping areas, art venues and exhibitions, historical sites, a variety of restaurants and an amazing nightlife, Tel Aviv offers the ultimate fun package in one city.
So, when are you planning to join us and travel israel?
Banner photo by: Nir Amos