One of Nir and Guy’s favorite ingredients in their dishes are mushrooms. But here we give you a recipe devoted to mushrooms! This recipe is perfect for Rosh Hashana, so tell us what you think…
15 large fresh mushrooms, stemmed (chop stems extremely fine)
2 red onions, small dice
2 leeks, small dice
4 dried figs, chopped
2 T raw tahini
1 C walnuts, chopped
½ C extra-virgin olive oil
1 t sea salt
¼ t white pepper
1 t sumac (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Heat olive oil in frying pan over high heat. Add onions and leeks and sauté until golden brown. Add mushrooms and cook until moisture has disappeared.
3. Gradually add figs, raw tahini, and walnuts to the caramelized frying pan. Stir well.
4. Add sea salt, white pepper, and sumac.
5. Using a teaspoon, fill each mushroom cap with a generous amount of stuffing.
6. Place stuffed mushrooms on a lined sheet pan. Roast in the oven for 10-15 minutes. Serve warm.
And what goes great with mushrooms? Wine! We recommend a Cabernet Sauvignon or oaked Chardonnay