In the mood for a fresh, summary dairy dish? Why not try Puzzle Israel’s Beet Rolls With Goat Cheese & Cashews, the perfect colorful dish that will make your heart sing and every meal!
½ lb. soft goat cheese
5-6 figs, chopped
½ C cashews, chopped
Extra-virgin olive oil
¼ C fresh mint leaves
1. Place beets in medium saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Simmer for 50 minutes. Remove beets from pot and cool for 10 minutes.
2. After cooling, peel beets and slice to thin slices using a mandoline slicer.
3. In a mixing bowl, stir together the cheese, figs, and cashews.
4. Place 1 teaspoon of the mixture onto each beet slice, and roll.
5. Place beet rolls on a serving dish, drizzle with olive oil and garnish with fresh mint.
White Riesling is an underappreciated wine grape in the United States but one of the most notable wine grapes that sommeliers often embrace as one of the more food-friendly varietals. Riesling is an aromatic grape and has good acidity, notes of peaches and apricots, and often a petrol aroma. With this dish, a semi-dry Riesling would play well off the sweetness of the beets – and it’s a well-accepted match for both goat cheese and figs.
For more delicious recipes from Puzzle Israel, order the Puzzle Israel cookbook – Yalla Let’s Cook NOW!