On cold winter days, a delicious Puzzle Israel recipe of Middle Eastern Fish Kebabs with Labaneh will make you soul and tummy happy.
For the kebabs:
2 lbs. sea bass fillet, skin off, finely chopped
1 bunch parsley, finely chopped
1 red onion, finely chopped
¼ bunch fresh mint, finely chopped
3 T extra-virgin olive oil
½ lemon, zest only
1 T sea salt
½ T white pepper
For the yogurt spread:
1 lb. Greek-style yogurt
3 T hyssop
1. Combine all kebab ingredients in a mixing bowl. Chill for 30 minutes.
2. Using your hands, form each kebab out of 2 tablespoons of mixture.
3. Heat olive oil in a sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add kebabs to the frying pan and fry each side for about 30 seconds.
4. Cover a large plate with the yogurt. Drizzle with olive oil and garnish with hyssop.
5. Place the kebabs on top of the yogurt spread.
6. Serve warm.
Recommended wine for the occasion: Sauvignon Blanc
For more recipes from Nir and Guy’s kitchen, purchase on the Puzzle Israel online shop the digital or hard copy of the Yalla Let’s Cook cookbook